This week’s Top 5 is all about songs that have quotable lyrics. I mean lyrics that just jump out at you. It can be a single line or even the whole damn song. I think mine are all one or two lines and some are just because they make me giggle. This one was so tough I just picked out the first five I thought of and maybe that’s cheating but there’s just so damn much good music out there that it’s impossible for me to make a decision. Anyway I want to see your favorite quotes from song lyrics. And no the graphics don’t have to do with the Top 5 other than they made me giggle and I am now sharing them with all of you.
- Tim Barry - Idle Idylist| This whole damn song. Every last fucking word. But especially the part of the last chorus: “I let the greedy deal with greed, Ain’t got nothin’ but myself, And I ain’t selling that for no one else I won’t surround my emptiness with greed and shit that I don’t even need, And don’t ask don’t tell relationships based on infidelity, I know it ain’t right, I know it ain’t much of a life, But I let tomorrow be tomorrow, And let tonight be tonight”. GOD DAMN!
- Dirty Bourbon River Show - Ruffian Since Birth| With all the stress at work this has been my theme song as of late and honestly “I went to wear my boxers outside but the officers told that I can and that I gotta wear a pair of pants” pretty much describes last weekend for me except there were no cops and “So I guess I’ll hit that snooze again and I guess they won’t give me the raise” describes my feelings about work but unfortunately not my actions as I stay late almost every damn night!
- Michael Dean Damron - The Cape| I love this song and hope that my kids, unlike me, can retain some of the wonder and magic that exists for them now. I know this probably isn’t how the song is supposed to be taken but I take it just like that! “He’s one of those that knows that life is just a leap of faith, Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape”.
- Two Cow Garage - Soundtrack To My Summer| “My friend’s were buying in to american dreams, Going to sleep as punk rock kids and waking up as part of the machine.” This is another hold-on-to-your-youth song for me. I can’t quite look book and say I woke up as part of the machine but I am not a punk rock kid anymore. I hope I can teach my kids to not let go of being kids but rather learn how to pass as adults when they have to. I love the line because it hits home so fucking hard and then Micah follows it up with one of my favorite out-of-context-but-still-cool-by-itself lyrics “The tape machines don’t lie…”
- Cory Branan - The KISS Song| Yeah it’s as fucking cheesy as it gets but “You washed off your rock n roll and now the devil doesn’t want your soul, and neither to do we” makes me giggle every single time I hear this one. Also an honorable mention for “I had to smash my air guitar” which is also giggle worthy any day of the week.
Autopsy IV’s answers: I have a directory on my word computer called, “Awesome Songs”. Each of these songs was fished from that directory.