I’ll tell y’all what, when you do a monthly podcast you really begin to appreciate how short a month is. It’s like you just finished the last podcast when you realize you only have 5 days left before the next one is due. This is also the first podcast I ever made without the use of any beer or whiskey. Outside of there being no slurring by the end of it, I don’t really notice much of a difference. Lemme know if you do.
This month’s show features a pretty good balance between ninebullets regulars such as Biram, The Truckers, Austin Lucas and Mat D and relative newcomers you may not have heard of if you don’t read ninebullets such as Back Row Baptists, Reverend Deadeye and The Maldives. In between all of those we dropped some artists that have yet to be featured at all in 9b (though they will in the coming month’s) like Root Jack, The Sadies and Tin Horn Prayer. All in all, I think the whole set turned out really fantastic and I bet an hour from now you’ll agree with me.
If you enjoy this month’s please tell your Facebook and Twitter followers about it, I’ll greatly appreciate it.
- John Mellencamp – Rain On The Scarecrow [00.00.00]
- Drive-By Truckers – Sink Hole [00.03.16]
- Scott H. Biram – Blood, Sweat & Murder [00.06.37]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.09.30]
- Dan Bern – Most American Men [00.11.18]
- Root Jack – 30 Days [00.15.45]
- Back Row Baptists – Wood and Steel [00.19.22]
- Mat D – Ford Marriage [00.22.07]
- Tin Horn Prayer – Fighting Sleep [00.25.31]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.28.57]
- Reverend Deadeye – Her Heart Belongs To The Wind [00.30.46]
- Austin Lucas – Sleep Well (demo) [00.34.58]
- The Only Sons – Highway Patrolman [00.39.37]
- Cam Penner – Thirteen [00.44.42]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.48.18]
- The Sadies – Another Year Again [00.49.31]
- The Maldives – Goodbye [00.52.45]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.56.43]
- Hellsongs – Youth Gone Wild [00.57.42]
* All music heard in background during commentary, courtesy of Bill Benson.