Whew! Talk about getting this one in just under the wire. This month was nutzo with 80 Proof Music, a brief break and all sorts of other stuff. No matter though cause we’re coming in on time with some great music to fill your July 4th weekend up with.
I decided to shorten up the nine bullets intro music this month. I’m not very happy with how it ended up and I hope to make a better edit of it in the coming weeks or I’ll just go back to posting the whole song. What do you think? Do you like hearing all of Nine Bullets each month or would you prefer a shortened version of it?
This month’s podcast includes a new track by one of our favorite rock bands, The Whipsaws as well as a track from fellow Alaskan, Matthew Dean Herman which comes from his Evan Phillip’s (The Whipsaws / E.S.P.) produced debut, Blackbird. The album is fantastic and I’ve got a nice little write-up about it I plan on posting next week. As you’ll see in the track listing below there is also a fun little segment of cover songs and we round things off with a rocking/punk-blues segment followed by a set of songs with a more traditional blues sound.
I decided to close the show with some nerdcore hiphop tracks. The Master Onion song is from an old video game called PaRappa The Rapper that I just adored. I followed that up with two artists from Scrub Club Records that have just been blowing me away for the past week. You can download both of their albums over on Scrub Club for free and I’d advise you to do it….they’re doing the whole nerdcore thing on a totally new level.
July is gonna be another crazy month. I am hitting up Nerdapalooza and The Deep Blues Festival in July. I’m sure I am gonna be exposed to (and get) a shit ton of new music and my guess is that the July podcast will be focused on that stuff….I dunno about you, but I can’t wait.
Okay, that’s enough typing, let’s get to the track list and the music:
- Ninebullets Podcast Intro [00.00.00]
- The Whipsaws – Dr. Please [00.12.03]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [04.40.25]
- Matthew Dean Herman – Blackbird [05.49.00]
- Jace Everett – Bad Things [09.57.45]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [12.38.75]
- The Takers & Austin Lucas – Mama Tried (Merle Haggard cover) [13.27.50]
- Todd Snider – Corpus Christie Bay (Robert Earle Keene Cover) [15.38.00]
- Jon Snodgrass & Cory Branan – Wild One (Thin Lizzy Cover) [19.27.75]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [21.22.75]
- Little Foot Long Foot – Junebug [22.22.25]
- Seasick Steve – Cheap [25.53.00]
- The Pack A.D. – Blackout [29.55.00]
- Scott H. Biram – Judgement Day [32.27.75]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [35.00.00]
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Cootie Starks & Neal Pattman – Prison Blues [35.41.50]
- Swampcandy – South County [40.16.00]
- Mississippi Marvel & Lightnin’ Malcolm – Black Mattie’s Face [42.13.25]
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd, George Butler & The Howlin Wolf Band – Spoonful [44.19.25]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [49.36.75]
- Master Onion – Chop, Chop [51.19.25]
- Kabuto The Python – Open Season (feat. Margaret Thatcher) [53.40.50]
- Dr. Awkward – Geekquilibrium [57.30.00]
As always, any suggestions on how to make this thing better are always appreciated. As are any efforts to promote and advertise it….so please, Tweet about it, post links on message boards, post myspace bulletins and force your little sister to listen to it.