It’s not very often I write about EP’s. Matter a fact, it’s sort of ninebullets policy NOT to write about EP’s but this EP from Arliss Nancy begs to be written about.
Arliss Nancy come out of Colorado and it was our good buddie Virgil from Colorado that brought these guys to our attention (many many thanks). Soundwise, some folks call them a country/rock band but I really don’t hear it. To me, they’re a perfect blend of the raw pure rock fury of Two Cow Garage and the polished retrospect of The Gaslight Anthem.
You heard them on the podcast, now check out a few more tracks.
Arliss Nancy – Paul Revere
Arliss Nancy – Abacus
Arliss Nancy on Facebook, Buy Truckstop Roses 10″ Vinyl, Download the .mp3’s (for free)
Oh yeah! Sorry for the 2 month furlow. I missed a month for the ninebullets.net 4th Anniversary Party (which was way awesome!) and I missed a month based on total I dunno. Honestly, I’d planned to do an October podcast but the month just kind of got away from me. Not that any of that shit matters now. It’s November, turkey day is around the corner and the podcast is back so let’s talk about it….
The November show features a really drunk me (can you tell where I turned off the drunk recording of this show and came back sober?) and new music from 9B staples Kasey Anderson, Whitey Morgan & The 78’s, The Steeldrivers, Joseph Huber (.357 String Band), John Mellencamp and Drag The River. It also features some music from some new found 9B faves like The Cur Dogs, Truckstop Darlin’ and Doc Dailey.
All in all, I think this is a great collection of music for your Thanksgiving travels. Listen, love, order a Jack and Coke from your stewardess and let’s do this! Also, really, you have no idea how far a comment, an email or any sort of acknowledgment that people are actually listening/enjoying these things goes….so please, if you like the 9B podcast, let me know but only after you’ve tweeted and posted on Facebook about it.
Enjoy and I’ll holler at y’all in December (i promise, I’ve already pulled out Robert Earle Keene’s, “Merry Christmas From The Family“).
- Intro [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.02.40]
- Kasey Anderson – The Wrong Light [00.04.28]
- Arliss Nancy – Paul Revere [00.08.56]
- Beastie Boys – Paul Revere [00.12.00]
- The Cur Dogs – Kro-Bride [00.15.44]
- Truckstop Darling – Bluegrass State [00.19.47]
- Doc Dailey and Magnolia Devil – Sunday School [00.24.47]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.28.01]
- Whitey Morgan & the 78’s – Bad News [00.29.16]
- The Steeldrivers – The Price [00.34.16]
- Joseph Huber – Downtime [00.38.20]
- Joshua Black Wilkins – Backseat of Her Car [00.42.00]
- John Mellencamp – County Fair [00.45.10]
- Grayson Capps – Mermaid [00.48.48]
- Will Quinlan & The Diviners – The Thieving Life [00.52.44]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.57.22]
- Drag The River – Here’s To The Losers [00.58.26]