That is a picture of the meathand I made yesterday for my wife’s Halloween party. I was supposed to post that picture and this contest yesterday but all of my plans were derailed by a bad hamburger the night before. Anyhow. Last night was the official release of Strawfoot’s new album, How We Prospered (review), and in celebration they’ve given my a prize pack to award to the ninebullets faithful. So, the first (3) people to email me and tell me what they dressed as last night will win a prize.
First person will win a copy of the new album, How We Prospered, the Second person will win a copy of the first album, Chasing Locusts and the first person to email a picture of themselves dressed up last night will win a copy of both cds. GIVEAWAY IS OVER.
Strawfoot – Churchyard Cough
Strawfoot – Independence Day
Strawfoot – Seven Ways
Strawfoot’s Official Site, Strawfoot on myspace, Strawfoot on Facebook
Well, well, well, here it is. The first themed podcast and we decided to do the dual (collab, if you will) themes of Murder Ballads and Beer. The murder ballads came from y’all’s emails and my admittedly shit memory, while the beer came from Rogue Brewery courtesy our Portland friend Lollyrae. I hope I did okay, but I have to admit I am lacking a little confidence on this one. I think the main problem is that I wasn’t too sure how I was gonna do it before I started it, then I realized midway through that I needed to cut it off due to file size and my podcast host. That said, a couple more of these and I think I could have it down to an art…not that it matters. This bad boy is done, so let’s talk about it.
As I said, this month’s podcast features murder ballads and devil songs. I had asked for people to email me their suggestions and got enough songs that I could have done a two hour show, and that’s before I put in the songs I wanted to include. THEN, to add more time, I had all that wonderful (and some not so wonderful) beer to talk about! I’m really curious to know if y’all think it turned out very good. If I didn’t include your song, it’s probably not because I didn’t like it, I just ran out of time. Hopefully, next month we’re gonna be doing another one of these featuring Florida bands and Florida craft beers.
Y’all have a happy Halloween and check back here tomorrow for a Strawfoot giveaway. Til’ then, here is the tracklisting for this month’s show, please tell your friends and Facebook/Twitter followers about it. I’ll greatly appreciate it.
~ Autopsy IV (twitter/facebook/myspace)
October 2009 Tracklisting:
- Bone Thugs & Harmony – Neighborhood Slang [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.01.29]
- Violent Femmes – Country Death Song [00.03.38]
- Gillian Welch – Caleb Meyer [00.08.35]
- Bob Frank & John Murray – Bubba Rose, 1961 [00.11.32]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.14.39]
- The Eagles – Take The Devil [00.16.39]
- Jay Farrar – Devil In Disguise [00.20.26]
- Joan Osborne – Man In The Long Black Coat [00.24.02]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.28.52]
- Have Gun Will Travel – That Ol’ Death Rattle [00.30.24]
- Old Crow Medicine Show – My Good Gal [00.33.20]
- Okkervil River – Westfall [00.37.36]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.43.26]
- Scott H. Biram – I See The Light/What’s His Name [00.45.08]
- Strawfoot – Cursed Neck [00.52.15]
- Uncle Sinner – Shady Grove [00.56.39]
- Those Poor Bastards – A Bone To Pick [00.58.25]
- Sons of Perdition – Psalm of Retribution [00.59.33]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [01.03.38]
- Hank III – Cocaine Blues [01.05.09]
- Amy Lavere – Killing Him [01.08.57]
- Tim Barry – Dog Bumped [01.11.57]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [01.16.08]
- Chris Knight – Down The River [01.08.20]
Download this episode (right click and save)