The December podcast will ring out 2009 here on ninebullets. This month there were no themes and no sponsors, just me, a bottle of sweet tea vodka and a huge list of some of my favorite songs of this year. Some made this podcast but most didn’t…not because they were inferior songs, mind you, they just didn’t fit the show. Believe it or not, I do try to maintain even flows throughout these things and avoid too many whiplash tempo changes. Had I made the podcast the day before or the day after I did, it probably would have turned out very, very differently. But I didn’t, and these are the songs that I chose and I’m done apologizing/explaining.
So, here are some of my favorite tracks of 2009 in podcast form. Everyone be safe over the long weekend, nurse your hangovers with the hair of the dog and college bowl games and we’ll see you come 2010.
As always, below you’ll find the track listing for the show. Please tell your friends and Facebook/Twitter followers about it, I’ll greatly appreciate it.
- Drive-By Truckers – Nine Bullets [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.04.04]
- Scott H. Biram – Sinkin’ Down [00.04.43]
- Leroy Powell – Good Morning Little School Girl [00.08.50]
- Truckstop Coffee – Laredo Skies [00.13.57]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.19.02]
- Micah Schnabel – Cut Me, Mick [00.20.19]
- Chuck Ragan – Rotterdamn [00.23.39]
- Matthew Dean Herman – Blackbird [00.26.05]
- Drive-By Truckers – Play It All Night Long [00.30.17]
- Lucero – Sixes and Sevens [00.35.13]
- Tim Barry – Thing Of The Past [00.38.02]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.42.17]
- Cam Penner – Thirteen [00.44.19]
- Malcolm Holcombe – A Bigger Plan [00.47.53]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [00.50.58]
- The Takers – Curse of a Drunk [00.53.08]
- Have Gun Will Travel – Wolf In Shepherd’s Clothes [00.57.02]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [01.01.41]
- Kasey Anderson – I Was A Photograph [01.02.10]