Holy. Crap. Talk about getting one in right under the wire. No matter. We’re here. tt’s still July and the podcast is live, so let’s talk about it.
This month’s podcast is divided into two halves. The first half is all about new music. In that section we have a song from the upcoming Lucero cd, 1372 Overton Park, as well as a phenomenal cover of Lucero’s “Better Than This” by ninebullets.net faves, The Fox Hunt. Incidentally, the new Lucero album is currently up for preorder. If you do preorder it, not only will you get the physical cd a few weeks prior to the “official” release date, you’ll also immediately get to download a six song preview of the album (from whence the song on this podcast came). While we’re on the preorder tip, there is a also song on the podcast from the new Chris Knight album, Trailer Tapes II. Like the new Lucero, Chris’ album is up for preorder, but if you preorder it now you’ll get to download a digital copy of the whole album immediately.
The second half of the podcast features bands from this year’s Deep Blues Festival, which I plan on posting a complete recap of next week. I featured American Relay in this segment who, unfortunately, played their last show ever at the Festival. I believe they have a new album coming out, but there will be no touring to support it. Also featured is Davina and The Vagabonds. I had high hopes for this band and they lived up to every one. Matter of fact, during their set I tweeted the following, “Davina and the Vagabonds. Music you should fuck to“. I also decided to include Woodsbossman, Tom VandenAvond. He looks like he could be Scott H. Biram’s little brother and he writes some fine, fine music.
I closed this month’s Podcast with a track from Gainesville’s The Takers. Their new album has finally been released and you can get it at all your favorite digital outlets, plus you can read about the album here.
And that does it. Another month comes to pass. I am pretty happy with this month’s podcast and I think y’all will like it. Do me a favor, though. If you listen and you enjoy the show, please tell other people about it. The website’s stats have been increasing this month, but the podcast’s stats have been in decline. I am gonna try to do more advertising of the show this month, but nothing beats word of mouth.
Thanks, everyone. ~Autopsy IV (twitter: @autopsy4)
- Drive-By Truckers – Nine Bullets [00.00.00]
- Lucero – Hey Darling, Do You Gamble [04.03.00]
- The Fox Hunt – Better Than This (Lucero Cover) [08.36.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [11.56.50]
- Truckstop Coffee – Ghost or an Angel [13.00.00]
- Drive-By Truckers – Zip City [19.09.00]
- Chris Knight – Highway Junkie [24.25.00]
- Autopsy IV Commentary [28.57.00]
- Matthew Dean Herman – Southern Belle [30.25.00]
- American Relay – Bonedry [34.13.25]
- Left Lane Cruiser – Amy’s In The Kitchen [37.19.25]
- A Night In The Box – Rich Man’s Table [40.38.50]
- Autopsy V Commentary [44.07.25]
- Davina and The Vagabonds – St. Michael Vs The Devil [44.46.25]
- Red Clay River – Rattlesnake Mountain [49.36.00]
- Tom VandenAvond – I cant help It If Im Still In Love With You [52.44.00]
- Autopsy Commentary [55.06.00]
- The Takers – Taker Easy [56.09.00]