WHEW! Another marathon show down. Another show goal met! Thanks to everyone who called in to pledge and to all who hit up the show’s tip jar last night. We exceeded the show’s goal by a couple of hundred dollars and exceed the show’s caller goal by 10+ calls. In the end, this shows the station’s brass that 9b Radio is building a listenership and has a place on the airwaves.
I thought having the stickers as a premium for people proved to be an excellent idea and I was thinking about doing koozies for the next pledge drive. What do you think? 9b Radio on 1 side. Booze, Music, Tacos on the other? If you didn’t pledge last night but you still want a sticker, I left a whole stack of them at the station. All you need to do is hit the shows tip jar, donate 20 dollars and leave a comment that you want a Ninebullets Radio sticker and they’ll hook you up.
There may have been an abnormal amount of chatter last night (see if you can hear where I let a “shit” slip) but I still managed to play some music. I got new tunes from Chuck Mead, Old Crow Medicine Show, Joe Pug and The Woolly Bushmen on and, pledge or no pledge, I kept up with my promise to play a Two Cow Garage song every week leading up to AntiWarpt. So it’s still worth spending an hour on the archived stream of the show.
Below is the playlist for July 12, 2012 [Artist – Song – Album]
01. Possessed by Paul James – Feed the Family (Feed The Family)
02. The Woolly Bushmen – What You’re Doing To Me (The Woolly Bushmen)
03. Joe Pug – Hymn #76 (The Great Despiser)
04. Hank Williams III – Country Heroes (Straight To Hell)
05. Old Crow Medicine Show – We Don’t Grow Tobacco (Carry Me Back)
06. Two Cow Garage – Should’ve California (Three)
07. The Mastersons – Birds Fly South (Birds Fly South)
08. JD McPherson – North Side Gal (North Side Gal)
09. Chuck Mead (feat. OCMS) – Wabash Cannonball (Back at the Quonset Hut)
Bold = Request
P.S.: If you like this show, do me a favor and post about it on your Facebook/Twitter/Blog. It’ll do a lot to help these bands reach new ears…and in the end, that’s what this is all about. It’ll also help bring the existence of the radio show to more people’s attention & the more people there are listening/paying attention to the show the more likely it is to stay on the air.
Episode 80: aired 07.12.2012