How y’all doing? It’s been a little while since we did one of these. I wish I had a real excuse but, to be honest, I don’t. I felt the pressure of doing a weekly radio show and as a result, the podcast got pushed to the background. Well, that’s not the case any longer and with that said, let’s focus on this show and not the missed shows of the past few months.
Once again out good friend from the Northwest, Lollyrae, sent us some beers and I went to drinking them during the podcast. You may remember that we did this once before and I was a little mixed on the results. While I did not get slurring drunk during this show I think I did a much better job describing the beers and making the trying of the beers a part of the show. I hope y’all think so too.
Speaking of the show. We’ve lots of good new stuff as well as some tunes you’re probably already quite familiar with. The show opens with a cover of Tom Petty’s “Refugee” by The Gaslight Anthem that I think rivals the original. Some of the other standout tracks include; Merle Haggard proving he still has it, Hellbound Glory showing there’s more to them than drug songs, Have Gun Will Travel showing there will be no sophomore slump with Mergers & Acquisitions, Shooter Jennings sending the pop country boys a message and Scott Hiram Biram doing what he does so well.
All that’s left is to press play on the music. So get to it and as always, if you like what you’re hearing on these podcasts, tell your friends about it. Post about it on your Facebook wall. Tweet about it. These bands are all pretty small so every new ear their music find counts, and you can directly assist them in that effort by telling people about this podcast and others like it.
01. The Gaslight Anthem – Refugee (from the iTunes Sessions)
02. Autopsy IV Commentary
03. Merle Haggard – working Man’s Blues (from Working In Tennessee)
04. Chris Knight – Enough Rope (from Enough Rope)
05. Doop and The Inside Outlaws – What Am I Supposed To Do (from What Am I Supposed To Do)
06. Autopsy IV Commentary
07. Sassparilla – Same Old Blues (from The Darndest Thing)
08. Gill Landry – Careless Love (from Piety & Desire)
09. James Leg – Drowning In Fire (from Solitary Pleasures)
10. Autopsy IV Commentary
11. Hellbound Glory – Bastard Child (from Damaged Goods)
12. Arliss Nancy – Wrong or Right (from Dance To Forget)
13. Have Gun Will Travel – To The Victor Goes The Spoils (from Mergers & Acquisitions)
14. Autopsy IV Commentary
15. The Decemberists – E. Watson (from Long Live The King)
16. The Black Keys – Lonely Boy (from the cd-single Lonely Boy)
17. Autopsy IV Commentary
18. Shooter Jennings – Outlaw You (from iTunes)
19. Chuck Ragan – Nomad By Fate (from Covering Ground)
20. Autopsy IV Commentary
21. American Anodyne – Bastard Sons Of The New Depression (from So, You Wanna Be A Bullfighter)
22. Scott H. Biram – I want My Mojo Back (from Bad Ingredients)
Download this episode (right click and save)