Welcome to the November version of the ninebullets.net podcast. This month, since it’s Thanksgiving, I decided to do an all Florida version as an homage to the bands that play week in and week out in my home state. You know, the bands we can see so often we take them for granted. Passing up their shows for whatever the current buzz band coming through town that weekend is, with the fleeting promise that you’ll catch their show next weekend. Well this month, on ninebullets, is their show. Thanks for all the drunken nights y’all have given us this year, and I look forward to more of it in the coming year.
In keeping with the Florida theme I reached out to Cigar City Brewing to sponsor this month’s show. They agreed and gave me IPA, Mocha Cubano, Brown Ale, Imperial Stout and some others. The idea was to drink them while I did the podcast like I did last month, but once we opened the first growler I knew that wasn’t gonna happen. While I took the entire month to work through the Rogue beers, we put down all of the Cigar City beer in two days. If you live in the Tampa area you should get over to their brewery and buy you some. Trust me, I’m a professional.
There is also a ton of free stuff for you listeners wrapped inside this month’s podcast. We have free cds from Have Gun Will Travel, Greenland Is Melting and Chuck Ragan. We also have a vinyl copy of The Takers album and a beautiful 7″ picture disc from Chuck Ragan. To find out how to win this stuff you’re gonna have to actually listen to the show.
That’s it. I hope y’all enjoy listening to this show as much as I did making it. I think it turned out really well and I am proud of it, as well as the bands that are featured in it. Do me a favor though, if you listen and you enjoy the show, please tell other people about it.
- Mofro – Florida (Jacksonville) [00.00.00]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.04.06]
- Truckstop Coffee – US-29 (Lake Worth) [00.05.18]
- The Takers – St. Johns Son (Gainesville) [00.08.54]
- Have Gun Will Travel – Soles Of Our Shoes (Bradenton) [00.11.49]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.14.50]
- Will Quinlan & The Diviners – Plastic Rosary (Tampa) [00.16.11]
- Rebekah Pulley & the Reluctant Prophets – A Lot of Nothing (Tampa) [00.20.33]
- Jim Morey Band – Anything For Adventure (Tampa) [00.23.43]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.27.28]
- Greenland Is Melting – No More Sorry Songs (Gainesville) [00.32.07]
- Roppongi’s Ace – 1955 (Tampa) [00.35.07]
- Brahm Bones – Canoe (Tampa) [00.39.12]
- Tom Petty – The Last DJ (Gainesville) [00.43.06]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [00.46.33]
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe (Jacksonville) [00.48.58]
- Ben Prestage – Sloppy Drunk (Everglades) [00.53.43]
- The Nine Volts – Carolina Soon (Orlando) [00.56.40]
- Autopsy IV Talking (St. Petersburg) [01.01.13]
- Chuck Ragan – Rotterdam (Gainesville) [01.03.20]