Well. I’ll be a motherfucker. I never expected to still be doing these 12 months after the first one but here we are. Furthermore, I feel as though they are an integral part of the site now days. For some reason, I don’t really care to much about the stats for the podcast but today I took a peek at them and according to the stats there are 2500 subscribers to this fucker! I don’t know if that’s a lot or a pathetic number in podcast world but I am pretty sure it’s more people than the average Rays game gets. I hope it’s 5000 by this time next year. With that said, let’s talk about this month’s podcast.
For the one year anniversary I’ve brought y’all, what I feel like, is the best podcast to date from a production standpoint….and musically it’s pretty friggin’ stellar to. I open it with a small collection of happy birthday tracks before settling into a show full of brand new material. We got brand new tracks from The Black Keys, American Aquarium, Red Clay River, I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In The House, Gaslight Anthem and The Morning Pages. Also, in celebration of our birthday, we’re bringing you the best give away the podcast has had to date but to know about that you’re gonna have to actually listen to the damn thing. Another thing that was super cool about this month’s podcast is that there were actually requests from twitter and facebook that ended up getting played. If you have something you wanna hear played follow me on Facebook or Twitter and make a request when I solicit them next month.
As always, below you’ll find the track listing for the show. Please tell your friends and Facebook/Twitter followers about it, I’ll greatly appreciate it.
- Concrete Blonde – Happy Birthday [00.00.00]
- Cracker – Happy Birthday To Me [00.02.14]
- Jimi Hendrix – Happy Birthday [00.05.37]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.07.50]
- The Black Keys – Next Girl [00.08.56]
- American Aquarium – Rattlesnake [00.11.59]
- Red Clay River – Rattlesnake Mountain [00.15.24]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.18.52]
- Otis Gibbs – Joe Hill’s Ashes [00.20.39]
- JJ Grey & Mofro – On Palestine [00.24.00]
- Shannon McNally – Bohemian Wedding Song [00.28.22]
- Autopsy IV – Commentary * [00.34.02]
- I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In The House – Ghost [00.36.11]
- Two Cow Garage – Postcards and Apologies [00.40.54]
- Gaslight Anthem – American Slang [00.45.54]
- Micah Schnabel – American Static [00.49.33]
- Autopsy IV Commentary * [00.52.30]
- The Morning Pages – With The Lord [00.54.52]
- NQ Arbuckle – Happy Birthday [00.58.08]
* All music heard underneath me talking this month was from Black Prairie‘s new album, Feast of the Hunters’ Moon.