Will Johnson (Centro-Matic, South San Gabriel) produced Chris Porter‘s final album, Don’t Go Baby It’s Gonna Get Weird Without You, as well as his previous record, This Red Mountain. Both albums were recorded with Johnson producing and Britton Beisenherz engineering and mixing at Ramble Creek Studio in Austin, Texas. The bands differed in each project, as did Porter’s vision for each album. On Don’t Go Baby, Porter was ready for a rollicking rock record, bringing in multi-instrumentalist John Calvin Abney (solo, John Moreland), bassist Shonna Tucker (solo, Pegi Young and the Survivors, Drive-By Truckers), and convincing Will Johnson to play drums, yielding a fun rhythm section with Tucker.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the podcast and Apple Podcasts links. Now on iHeart!
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
- Guitar String Bracelets $15 each (DM me on Instagram)
- Archives of Chris Porter on Country Fried Rock
- Read Sloane Spencer’s advice for DIY indie musicians on cold pitching media
- Give to support this podcast.
- Shop for whatever you want on Amazon & help us out, at no extra cost to you.
Go to Source
Author: Sloane Spencer