Andrea Juarez never planned to release an album, but it seemed like the best way to honor her fiance, Chris Porter, who passed away on tour October 2016, when their van was rear-ended on the interstate. Mitchell Vandenburg also was killed, and Adam Nurre miraculously survived the horrific wreck. Porter was mostly finished with tracking his album, Don’t Go Baby It’s Gonna Get Weird Without You, which he had recorded in marathon sessions with Will Johnson (Centro-Matic) producing, and Shonna Tucker (Pegi Young, Drive By Truckers) and John Calvin Abney (Solo, John Moreland) with whom he had toured. Bonnie Whitmore hosted a memorial concert to raise the rest of the funds to finish the record, which will be released on the anniversary.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the podcast and iTunes links.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
- Guitar String Bracelets $15 each (DM me on Instagram)
- Archives of Chris Porter on Country Fried Rock
- Read Sloane Spencer’s advice for DIY indie musicians on cold pitching media
- Give to support this podcast.
- Shop for whatever you want on Amazon & help us out, at no extra cost to you.
Go to Source
Author: Sloane Spencer