Hey guys. It’s another Friday and to be honest, I am pretty much just counting the minutes until I can blow out of work and go fishing. The weather here in Florida has been fan-fucking-tastic this week and instead of making a post for ninebullets last night the wife and I went canoeing and than headed out to an outdoor bar to enjoy the weather with some beers…so today youget some randomness that I’ve been thinking about posting:
- I was recently interviewed for a reoccuring piece on the blog Terrible Love Songs where they interview other bloggers. If you’re interested you can read it here. Plus you can see a picture of my hot wife and my ugly mug.
- It Burns When I Pee released another episode of their monthly podcast last week. This month’s theme is “So Many Jugs… So Little Time” and features music by Hank Williams, Don Helms and The Meat Purveyors as well as the usual assortment of skits and banter. You can listen to it here.
- One of my favorite blogs, songs:illinois, posted a track by a band we both share a massive amount of love for, The Sumner Brothers. You can give it a listen here. Speaking of The Sumner Brothers, earlier this week they sent out a myspace bulletin apologizing for their new cd not being available on CD Baby in time for the cd-release (Sept. 19). Apparently there was a hangup at the border but they assure us that they’ve sent another pack of cds and we should all be able to pick up the cd soon.
- Speaking of songs:illinois he made a post last week begging for traffic and it got me to thinking…I could use some more traffic as well…and since I ain’t too proud to beg (or bite on other peoples idea) I am totally gonna bogart his post…Tell someone you love about ninebullets.net or something. Post about us on your myspace profile…Anything. Like S:I the 9bullets traffic has been trending downward as of late and I’ve been getting a little discouraged.
- Another day, another digital release. Ben’s solo album yesterday is followed by a man who doesn’t like us too much I don’t think…but it doesn’t matter cause I love his music. The former guitarist of Shooter Jenning’s band (and the man who wrote Shooter’s best songs), Mr. Leroy Powell has digitally released his new album, Angles and Curves. You can pick it up over on his web site for a mere 10 dollars. I am currently on my second pass through it and I am loving it. If you like the classic country sounds of the 80’s legends you’ll love it as well. I’ll be posting a more extend piece on the album in the coming weeks, but for now I’ll offer you a track:
Leroy Powell - Dollars & Sense
See y’all next week.