I first got to know Chad Cochran, known online as Cowtown Chad, through the defunct Twitter event, Couch By Couchwest. Cochran’s photographs and mixed media art featuring haunting landscapes and abandoned buildings held titles from songs by musicians featured on our show. Through the magic of social media, we became friends and hung out at AmericanaFest in Nashville one year, and then he came down to South Carolina to cover the Country Fried Rock 4th-ish Anniversary party, where Caleb Caudle played in our rural school house, a magical, slightly decrepit place that is made for singing.
At the urging of Lydia Loveless, Cochran has expanded his photography to include concert shots, with a specialty for stage images and raw portraits. In this podcast, we talk about many of the bands he has “shot” recently (Charles Bradley, Old 97s, John Moreland, etc.) and festivals from Nelsonville to High Water. I also put him on the spot about a “wish project” that I hope he accomplishes, with your help.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
- Guitar String Bracelets $15 each (DM me on Instagram)
- Cowtown Chad
- Read Sloane Spencer’s recent interview with John Moreland on PopMatters
- Give to support this podcast.
- Shop for whatever you want on Amazon & help us out, at no extra cost to you.
Go to Source
Author: Sloane Spencer