Most years, this is a much greater presentation from myself and I’m sorry that this year isn’t the same. It’s been a shit year and that fact combined with the depression that comes with it has sapped my entire motivation to sit down and do all the HTML formatting to make this list as beautiful as (i feel) it normally is.
Presentation aside. I stand by this list wholly. I may not have been able to muster the ambition to format it like years past (I am taking pills that are intended to get me back there) but the list was as brooded, mulled and fussed over as any other year.
So. Without any further ado. Here are, in my opinion, the best albums of 2012 (with links to the original review):
10. Tin Horn Prayer – Grapple The Rails (not yet reviewed)
09. Andrew W. Combs – Worried Man
08. Alone At 3AM – Midwest Mess
07. The Great Unknowns – Homefront
06. JKutchma & The Five Fifths – Pastoral
05. Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires – There Is A Bomb In Gilead
04. OFF! – OFF!
03. American Aquarium – Burn.Flicker.Die.
02. Arliss Nancy – Simple Machines
And my album of the year is: