Gonna play a 3 song set on this week’s Ninebullets Radio.
What 3 songs would you play?
New Tim Barry, Leroy Powell, Shooter Jennings and Fifth On The Floor. Brand/unreleased new I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In The House and JKutchma. Does anything more need to be said? Yeah, I didn’t think so either. So find two hours and put your ears on the archive of the show.
Below is the playlist for March 16, 2013 [Artist - Song (Album)]
01. John Paul Keith – The SXSW Song (Everybody’s in Austin)
02. American Gun – Moonshiner (The Means and The Machine)
03. The Eagles – Doolin-Dalton (Desparado)
04. The White Buffalo – Highwayman (iTunes Single)
05. Dixie Chicks – Not Ready to Make Nice (Taking The Long Way)
05. Pistol Annies – Hell On Heels (Hell On Heels)
06. Ashley Monroe – Weed Instead Of Roses (Like A Rose)
07. Leroy Powell – Satan Put It On My Tab (Life & Death)
08. Shooter Jennings – Million Light-Years Away (The Other Life)
09. Fifth On The Floor – Whiskey (Ashes & Angels)
10. Joe Pug – Not So Sure (Messenger)
11. Amazing Rhythm Aces – Typical American Boy (Too Stuffed To Jump)
12. Glossary – Save Your Money For The Weekend (Feral Fire)
13. I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch In The House – Galaxies Collide (unreleased)
14. The Weight – Ten Mile Grace (Ten Mile Grace)
15. Murder By Death – As Long As There Is Whiskey In The World (Good Morning, Magpie)
16. JKutchma & The Five Fifths – Then We’ll Take The Moon (Sundown, USA)
17. Brother Paul – Never Ending Dream (Brother Paul)
18. Caitlin Rose – No One To Call (The Stand In)
19. Tim Barry – Moving On Blue (28th & Stonewall)
20. Allen Thompson Band – Everybody Knows (Salvation In The Ground)
21. honeyhoney – LA River (Billy Jack)
22. Paige Anderson & the Fearless Kin – Hourglass (Wild Rabbit EP)
23. Drive-By Truckers – Zip City (Southern Rock Opera)
24. The Black Keys – Grown So Ugly (Rubber Factory)
25. Frank Turner – Recovery (Tape Deck Heart)
26. The Ones to Blame – Victor Lee (Better Times)
27. Old Crow Medicine Show – Minglewood Blues (Big Iron World)
28. The Dead Milkmen – Commodify Your Dissent (The King In Yellow)
Bold = Request
Ninebullets Radio on Facebook
You can stream Ninebullets Radio here
You can download Ninebullets Radio here: Hour 1 / Hour 2
If you like Ninebullets Radio please drop a 5 spot in the Tip Jar.
P.S.: If you like this show, do me a favor and post about it on your Facebook/Twitter/Blog. It’ll do a lot to help these bands reach new ears…and in the end, that’s what this is all about. It’ll also help bring the existence of the radio show to more people’s attention & the more people there are listening/paying attention to the show the more likely it is to stay on the air.
Episode 114: aired 03.16.2013
Can I coin a new genre? I propose we create a new genre called “Heavy Americana Metal”. Tin Horn Prayer would fall under this moniker. Those Crosstown Rivals are there and so is the Alabama 3 piece that calls themselves Fistful of Beard.
If you like your Americana pretty and intricate and full of thoughtful lyrics that resemble prose more than songs (think Joe Pug) then Fistful of Beard is not for you. That said, if you’re a fan of PBR, Old Crow and guitars. If you’ve always loved Two Cow Garage concerts but felt their albums needed more “oomph” then Until We Know Better is here to fill your needs.
This album begs you to turn it up. It gets better with volume. It doesn’t wanna talk. It wants to fuck. It doesn’t wanna think. It wants to scream and throw rock fists like it’s Pauly D on the Jersey Shore. It doesn’t want coffee and can’t afford craft beer but it’ll be drunk by the nights end.
There is a good chance you won’t like this album. I understand. This type of music ain’t for everyone but it’s damn sure for me and for me, it’s Essential Listening.
Hey “LK” and “Chris Richburg” you won the Jason Freeman and Matt Woods/Adam Lee giveaways. Email me your shipping address in the next 24 hours or you will unwin.
My dad built a guitar.
Shortly after finishing it he got really sick
and on December 02, 2012, he died.
You can read the whole story here.
Now, I try and get people to play the guitar.
So enjoy Have Gun covering “Rainbow Connection”….yes, the Kermit The Frog song.